SurgeGuard - Surge arresters
Protection of an electrical installation and all electrical and electronic devices connected to this installation against destructive surges.
Such voltage surges can be generated by lightning induced currents, by network polluting devices (such a motors, frequency converters, dimmers, etc..) and by power supply networks switching operations.
- Surge arresters cover the protection of home appliances (TV, Hifi , VCR, laundry machine, dishwasher...)
- Commercial building equipment (computer, data networks, intrusion and alarm systems, access control and building automation systems)
- Industrial equiment (PLC, instrumentation, medical apparatus, monitoring devices) and even the protection of entire offshore drilling platforms.
- The line of surge arresters includes a full range of compact protectors for installation on DIN rail. The devices are especially designed to provide complete and effective protection against surges, protecting equipment and property connected to the low voltage network.
- The range of surge arresters includes:
- Class I limp = 100kA (monoblock)
- Class I+II limp = 12.5kA and limp = 25kA (plug-in)
- Class I+II limp = 7.5kA and limp = 15kA (monoblock) in 10/350ms waveform
- Class II with different discharge capacities: 15kA, 20kA, 40kA in 8/20ms waveform
- Class II for DC photovoltaic applications, communication and TV lines are also available.
The most suitable value will be selected according to the type of installation, premises and equipments to be protected.
- NEW plug-in ranges in Class I+II, Class II and for photovoltaic application in uni- and multipole format.
- Several different formats one pole, single phase, two phase and three phases are available for all types of electrical net systems: TT, TN-S, TN-C, IT.
- Additionally, dedicated versions for temporary overvoltage (TOV) are included in the offer.
- TOV is a voltage peak of hundreds of volts for an indeterminate period due to the unbalance of the network (normally caused by neutral fault).
- The Tele OV devices follow the new European standard EN 50550.