Contax - Contactors
Contactors are electromechanically controlled switches used to control single or multi-phase (high) power loads while the control itself can be (very) low power.
- Switching of lighting, heating-equipment, motors for pumps and fans, ...
- Day and night contactors are used mainly in combination with dual-tariff applications to allow high-energy-loads (i.e. electrical water heaters, accumulation heaters) only to consume energy during the low-tariff period.
- A forced-on, forced-off, auto-switch allows to overrule the normal operation of the DN-contactor at all times.
- Except for the 20A version, all contactors have DC coils, resulting in an absolutely noise-free, real silent operation: 50 or 60Hz noise generation by the contactor is impossible. As all DC coil contactors have an internal diode rectifier bridge, they all can be operated by both DC and AC power supplies. The built-in varistor protects the coil against an overvoltage of up to 5kV.
- The switch position of the contactor is visualised through an indicator flag.
- The loss-proof safety terminals are equipped with Pozidriv screws and have IP20 protection degree. Add-on auxiliary contacts as well as spacers and sealing pieces are available.