APO - Modular polyester boxes
Range of nine medium sized, modular, multipurpose boxes for in- and outdoor applications
Automation and control applications in oil and steel industry, petrochemical plants, breweries.
- Applications in utilities such as public lighting, traffic control, signalisation.
- For installation in aggressive environments such as shipyards, offshore oil production platforms, mining sites.
All boxes are made of hot moulded, glass-fibre reinforced polyester, offering a high protection degree of IP67 with a mechanical impact strength of IK10.
APO-boxes can be readily worked with conventional tools such as drills, cutting mills, saws, punches, etc.
Characteristics and specifications
- The range consists of nine boxes based on the 300 and 185 mm modules.
- The bases are made of grey (RAL 7035), hot moulded glass fibre reinforced polyester, dyed in mass. These come complete with M4 threaded inserts (Dodge) for fixing a mounting plate or mounting frame.
- The cover is made of either transparent polycarbonate or opaque grey (RAL 7035) hot moulded glass fibre reinforced polyester, dyed in mass.
- APO-boxes provide optimum security to both operators and equipment because they feature total insulation and protection degree IP67 according to IEC 60529 and EN 60529
- Protection degree IK10 against external mechanical impacts according to EN 50102
- This protection covers the total volume of the enclosure according to EN 50298
- Each large box is a multiple of a smaller one. Its fixing points are also a multiple of those of a small box. These fixing points are blind holes for M4 threaded inserts.
- The box can be readily worked with conventional tools, such as drills, cutting mills, saws, punches, etc.
- Four to six blind holes for M6 threaded inserts are also provided in each base.
- APO polyester boxes are designed for both wall end pole mounting.
- The box can be readily worked with conventional tools such as drills, cutting mills, saws punches, etc.
- Versatile service conditions: polyester enclosures can withstand continuous temperatures up to70°C (peak temperatures up to 150°C) and the transparent polycarbonate covers resist service temperature up to 120°C.
- APO polyester boxes are maintenance-free and corrosion resistant.
- Rated insulation voltage Ui = 1000V.
- APO boxes are UL listed, as per UL Standard 508, types 3, 3R, 4, 4X, 6, 6P, 12 and 13
- They are also CSA approved.